Michael Michalowicz is an American author and entrepreneur, and you may recognize him from the reality television program ‘Bailout.’ But by the time Michael was 35, he had built two multi-million dollar businesses in the tech space. Confident that he had the formula to success, he became a small business angel investor… and proceeded to lose his entire fortune. This was the beginning of his success as an author.
“I always asked myself, if I had all the money in the world, what would I do? But when I had nothing, I asked myself, What is the vocation that I want to do that provides for my family?… and when the vocation and the dream are the same, to me, that’s a calling. So that’s why I went on to be an author”. Michael Michalowicz
If you’re an author in the entrepreneurial space, this will be a priceless episode for you. If you’re an entrepreneur at all, there’s A LOT to be learned in this conversation with Roland and Michael. To dig in further with Michael, order his books or check out his podcast, visit his website here.
Listen Today For,
- Why your lack of money, industry knowledge or network might be your key to success.
- Roland’s “Top Line Scrape” and Michaels’ Profit First Philosophy.
- Michael’s long term approach to building wealth with a licensing strategy.
- The importance of identifying what you are known for and what you intend to be known for. What do you want to be world-famous for?
- What is the one activity that is most likely to make that customer promise a reality?
- The 4 “D’s”: Doing Work, Deciding About Work, Delegating and Designing – and the 5th “D” that’s not in his book.
- How building in distraction and down-time is essential for you and your business to re-charge.
- The problem with comparing yourself and cloning yourself on big “Media darling entrepreneurs.”
“They are not the common entrepreneur… yet we consume it as if that’s the bar for what entrepreneurial success is… We should not aspire to clone them… To not reward yourself for your accomplishments is a shame. If you’ve brought money to our economy – Thank you!”. Michael Michalowicz
Five Keys To Making Money As An Author,
Listen to Michael’s Story for more on these 5 Insights for Writers:
- What to do if you can’t get a Publishing Deal
- The role of Speaking and Lecturing in promoting your books.
- Don’t assume that because you’ve had one ‘success’, that everyone will love your followup book. You will be a ‘One Hit Wonder.’
- Always have a back end offering with every book.
- The difference between an author and a writer: Marketing
“Many authors write a book, but then don’t market it. Then you’re not an author. You’re a writer. An author is someone who really becomes a proponent for marketing your book perpetually.” Michael Michalowicz
Thank you for listening in today. Sign up for exclusive content from our host Roland Frasier, over on our home page. You can also follow Roland on Facebook, where his profile is always full of content and conversation.
Opportunity To Work With Roland On Your Business
If you’re interested in working closely with Roland, there may be time for you to join his upcoming Intensive on March 16-17. Nobody teaches what Roland is teaching at this workshop (Leverage, Exit, Grow, & Scale)! It’s a small, limited group – so act quickly.
Click to find us on Apple Podcasts and other podcast players. 🎧
Books Mentioned In This Episode
The book he recommends you read first, Fix This Next
Contact & Follow Michael Michalowitz
Through his Website
Contact & Follow Roland
Through his Website
Follow Business Lunch Podcast
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Want to subscribe to Business Lunch with Roland Frasier? Have some feedback you’d like to share? Connect with us on ApplePodcasts and leave us an honest review! Your feedback will not only help us improve the show, but it will help us connect with more high flyers like you.
Click to find us on Apple Podcasts and other podcast players.