Do you hate your job? Is Sunday ruined because Monday’s the worst? You might just be the IDEAL candidate for a Franchisee, according to our guest on this show, Erik Van Horn. Or maybe you’re a serial entrepreneur that doesn’t want to start from scratch? This episode is a great listen if you want to know more about this whole model. But also, listen in if you have a business, and you want to hear a high-level brainstorming session on how Erik can grow his business exponentially.
Erik Van Horn is the Founder, and CEO of Franchise Secrets, a hub for franchisees and franchisors to get excellent content and information. Van Horn is a franchising specialist and expert in multi-unit, semi-absentee business ownership. Usually, 1% of people looking at buying a franchise actually buy one. But because of Erik’s counsel, content, and expertise, 25% of his clients purchase a Franchise.
“There are so many people out there that are pushing Franchises on people that should never buy a Franchise, and yet there are people that are really good for Franchisors as a Franchisee, that can’t find the right one.” Erik Van Horn.
If you enjoy this podcast, be sure to subscribe on ApplePodcasts, write a review, and share this episode with your business-minded friends.
- The Ideal ‘customer’ for a Franchise
- What you get out of a GREAT Franchise with a semi-absentee model.
- Why life gets easier when you have about three stores in place.
- How many hours you can expect to put in alongside your investment.
“Someone that’s never created something from scratch does not understand the challenge of creating and learning how to do everything from zero… It’s very hard. Franchising isn’t for everyone but, but the good ones have all of that figured out… so you get a brain trust… to shortcut to success”. Erik Van Horn
- The Ideal Franchisor
- The questions you need to ask to weigh up whether it’s a good idea for your business to go to the next step and take it to the franchisor level.
“Franchising is not just about expanding your business. You are now in the business of helping franchisees become successful. It’s not for everybody, because you’re not going to be able to make everybody happy. You have to know what you’re getting into, but it can be a GREAT thing.” Erik Van Horn
• When Erik will NOT work with someone.
• How he qualifies the right people and gets his 1 in 4 closing rate.
• Tips on getting the right kind of financing.
“I don’t want people to get into a business that’s not right for them. It’s not easy. Business isn’t easy. But Franchising changed my life 18 years ago”. Erik Van Horn.
Plus, Listen as Roland consults with Eric on the next steps for his Franchise Secrets business.
• How to do things that don’t scale in order to do something that does scale.
• Deal flow and opportunity.
• Mastermind, group coaching, certifications, and other strategies.
“It’s important to me that I’m not selling my time.” Roland Frasier
And So Much More! Click to find us on Apple Podcasts and other podcast players.
Find Erik Van Horn
On The Franchise Secrets Podcast
Contact & Follow Roland
Through his Website
Follow Business Lunch Podcast
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Want to subscribe to Business Lunch with Roland Frasier? Have some feedback you’d like to share? Connect with us on ApplePodcasts and leave us an honest review! Your feedback will help us improve the show, and connect us with more high flyers like you.
Click to find us on Apple Podcasts and other podcast players.