To end the year, we are sharing (re-airing) a couple of our favorite timeless episodes.
From Maximum Security Prison To Speaking At The Whitehouse: Andre Norman is as qualified as anyone to talk about Transformation.
Click to find us on Apple Podcasts and other podcast players.
Andre shares his incredible story and the framework he’s built to help others. Andre travels the world as a public speaker, including engagements at the Whitehouse, Harvard Law School, and London School of Business.
“I thought… If I can’t be a psychopath, why be in jail? I want to be free. But I looked at all the groups in the jail, and they would all come back to jail. I saw that “Free” didn’t work. So I switched my goal to successful.” Andre Norman
From illiteracy to gang activity, Andre’s childhood prepared him for nothing less than a life of crime and violence. This behavior eventually led Andre to be sentenced to over 100 years in prison. As a natural-born leader, he quickly rose to the top of the prison gang system, where he managed gang activities from within the confines of a maximum-security prison. During his two-year stay in solitary confinement, Andre had an “epiphany,” and he decided to turn his life around.
“I look at every variable that I can be shut down in or killed on. Get it right or die. I took training people very seriously because where I came from the first time I get it wrong, I die”. Andre Norman
Listen Today For,
- The dream and goal that was more powerful than the standard desire to ‘get out of prison.’
- How his decision to attend Harvard was the destination point that motivated him to teach himself to read, study law, and ultimately become hugely successful.
- The skills he learned in prison, which he still uses today in business.
- How he identifies projected strengths and weaknesses, and ultimately, spots the weakest link.
- His framework for Transformation.
- Why he teaches his students to teach.
- His solution for the white suburban opioid crisis.
“If you’re talking, you’re teaching, if you’re listening, you’re learning.” Andre Norman
Contact & Follow Andre Norman
Through his Website
His LinkedIn profile
His Facebook profile
If you’re enjoying Business Lunch with Roland Frasier, head over to our home page and sign up for occasional memos from us. You can also follow Roland on Facebook, where his profile is always full of content and conversation. But most of all, to support the show, would you leave us a review on Apple Podcasts? We would appreciate it!
Contact & Follow Roland
Through his Website
Follow Business Lunch Podcast