When It’s Time To Pivot.
How should a Business respond when there’s a tectonic shift in the market? Roland Frasier sits down with Perry Belcher – Marketing Specialist, Investor, and Co-Founder of Digital Marketer.
After the election, one of Perry’s businesses (in the Survival space) fell about 60% and they went from a team of 50+ people to 8. But Perry Belcher was able to pivot and come out ahead.
Listen to how Perry
- Knows his audience and made it his business to understand their mental shift.
- Perry looked at the historical parallels & transferred the same wisdom (and even sourced Ad copy!) to his business and market.
- Perry considered the Macro picture of what was happening in the market, instead of only looking at his products and his customer.
- Learned what people want when they feel safe, compared to what they want when they don’t.
- Pivoted their message (from a Survival message to a Patriotic message).
- Sold the same core products but replaced people’s entry point.
- Used his ‘Side-Ways List Building’ technique and set up smart Lead-Sale arrangements with other companies that shared his target audience.
Follow Perry on LinkedIn
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Want to subscribe to Business Lunch with Roland Frasier? Have some feedback you’d like to share? Connect with us on iTunes and leave us a review!
Follow @BizLunchPodcast on Twitter