Roland Frasier is referred to as ‘the smartest guy in the room’ with much respect and affection from fellow entrepreneurs. We want to share his insight and expertise with you on your own entrepreneurial journey. This episode follows on from Episode 255, delivering Roland’s thoughts on building long-term wealth. In other words, HOW ROLAND DOES IT.
Listen Today if you want to build wealth for the long-term, and grow your business faster than you ever imagined you could.
“A good long-term plan should provide enough wealth assets to replace ‘from your efforts’ income for the rest of your life – post-earning years”. Roland Frasier.
Who Is Roland Frasier?
As the Co-founder or principal of 5 different Inc, Magazine’s fastest-growing companies (e-commerce, e-learning, SaaS + real estate), Roland is a serial entrepreneur who has built or sold over 30 businesses with adjusted sales ranging from $3 million to just under $4 billion. He’s a mentor and investor and an excellent podcaster too! Read more about Roland here.
5 Proven Strategies For Building Long-Term Wealth.
1) Real Estate is one of the best wealth-building assets that you can find, and there are a million ways you can get involved. You can do it with no money down, and you can play both the long-term and the short-term game with Real Estate.
“Real Estate has been a constant throughout my life. I’ve built, owned, flipped, or held more commercial or residential real estate than I can remember”. Roland Frasier
2) Software As A Service Subscription (SASS) Companies. Recurring businesses have an advantage over other business models and are much more appealing to investors because they are always looking to mitigate risk; therefore, businesses with guaranteed sales are attractive.
“You don’t have to know how to code to start or own a SASS company. Many people don’t realize that. You just have to know someone else who does – bring them in as a partner. Buy in or earn in.” Roland Frasier
3) *Buying and Selling Businesses – Just as you can buy Real Estate with no money down, fix it up and sell it on, you can purchase businesses with no money out of pocket and do the same. In fact, this has been one of the most outstanding wealth-building opportunities that Roland has found.
4) *Equity Investing – Taking ownership in companies in exchange for providing value. You provide services or resources in exchange for options, stock, or some form of ownership in someone else business. It’s a win-win.
You may have heard about Roland’s EPIC challenge, which he moved online when the Pandemic hit. It focuses on Ethical Profits In Times of Crisis and dives into no-money out-of-pocket business acquisition strategies. If you’re interested in finding out more about this strategy, go to BusinessLunchPodcast.com/EPIC.
5) Trend-Based Investing In Private Companies That Have Momentum.
Listen for why Roland doesn’t care for the public stock markets for investing, nor for startups. He does, however, love Investing in private companies that are already operating.
Also, take note of what he conspicuously does not invest in for the long-term and why.
“Don’t give me any startups unless you have a ridiculously inside access to deals that everybody wants.” Roland Frasier
The Long And The Short Of It.
To summarize, don’t get lost in only creating and building income, and don’t get lost in only creating and building wealth. Create a strategy for building both. Know how much income you need to live the life that you want. Build your active income and use it to create passive income and wealth assets.
And There’s More.
In this episode, Roland goes on to talk about finding growth levers in your business. Ways to grow much faster than you thought possible. He dives into the topic of Media and Equity Acquisitions. This content is going to unlock tons of ideas for you.
“If you want to acquire more customers extremely fast, you need to get your offers in front of more eyeballs! You can do that in several ways, but all of them require media. Your ability to access more customers is only limited by your ability to access more media. You can do that through paid, search, social or owned media, but owned media is forever.” – Roland Frasier
Owned Media Is Superior.
The other media types are controlled by third parties whose agenda and financial interests absolutely differ from yours. You level the playing field and ensure your continued access to renewable sources of new products and customers when you own your media.
“The best time to grow your media is years ago, and the second-best time is now”. – Roland Frasier
If you want to skip all the effort and hassle of building your own media and avoid relying on third-party media, consider buying it from someone else! Acquire other people’s media (“OPM”).
- Want a hundred eyeballs on your next piece of content? Acquire a Twitter Channel with 100 followers.
- How about a thousand people to see your next video? Acquire a YouTube channel with 10,000 subscribers.
- Think you could sell more of your product if 10,000 people could see your webinar offer? Acquire a blog with 10,000 unique monthly viewers.
- Do you wish you could immediately access an extra 100,000 email addresses? Acquire a business that already has strong open and click-through rates.
More From Roland Frasier
To dig in further with Roland, sign up on our home page for our podcast newsletter. If you want to binge another episode right now from Roland, this one is a favorite. But to really get to know Roland, we recommend you take one of his superb courses. Check out the next Epic Challenge!
Contact & Follow Roland
Through his Website
Follow Business Lunch Podcast