Nitin Chhoda talks with Roland Frasier about his journey so far as an Entrepreneur. Nitin founded InTouch less than five years ago, a growing software company that serves as an engine for over 1500 Physical Therapy practices.
Entrepreneurs of all kinds will appreciate Nitin’s take on a relational versus transactional way of doing business, working with teams oversees AND, listen through to the end for some priceless advice a Multi-Billionaire passed on to Nitin. Plus, If you’re considering a software business or project, glean from Chhoda’s expertise as he shares his mistakes, advice, and insight with Roland.
“Back then, my identity was, my business. How much money I made. I think I was insecure in myself and I was transactional. I think as you grow in your business, you become more relational.” Nitin Chhoda
- How he began by modeling other similar industries and their success.
- Why he chose to join a pricey mastermind before masterminds were ‘trendy.’
“I intuitively knew that I would stagnate if I didn’t surround myself with people that were smarter than me. I’m a big fan of watching and learning, and absorb things like a sponge…I wanted to feel like an insider. Peel back the layers of the onion. And you’ve got to pay to play”. Nitin Chhoda
How to identify “Unicorn Developers.”
“The right developer in Software is like a Unicorn. Not only because of the way they code but because of the way they think. One unicorn is better than having five average developers. They are four moves ahead”. Nitin Chhoda
- Where to look online for a great developer, and the use of pre-qualifying projects in his hiring approach (Please note, oDesk is now Upwork).
- Why he prefers Java applications but allows the developer to lead the way.
“If you adopt a less common language, you’re more likely to succeed because there’s a higher barrier to entry.” Nitin Chhoda
• Why he doesn’t hire Project Managers.
“I think that the owner who drives the vision should work with the developer who amplifies the vision. A project manager is like a third wheel that’s needed when you get to a certain scale”. Nitin Chhoda
- Nitin’s advice for someone considering a Software project.
- The difference between a copycat idea and something worth developing.
“At the end of the day, this comes down to how many users you have and how fast you can scale.”Nitin Chhoda
Chhoda’s Shares His Biggest Mistakes So Far!
“The biggest lesson is when you work with a lawyer, and you will… it sucks, but you must work with lawyers who are aggressive for you. Not a nice guy”. Nitin Chhoda.
Plus, Listen For 3 Questions A Multi-Billionaire Taught Him To Ask.
- How can you impact the maximum amount of people positively?
- How can you imagine a better future? Imagination is more important than anything else.
- How can you create unlimited wealth and abundance for your employees?
“This was really profound for me because I realized I shouldn’t look at money as a number or a game, I should look at how much value I can create…I need to do game-changing things, and then the money will follow”. Nitin Chhoda.
And So Much More! Click to find us on Apple Podcasts and other podcast players.
Mentioned In This Episode
Contact & Follow Roland
Through his Website
Follow Business Lunch Podcast
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Want to subscribe to Business Lunch with Roland Frasier? Have some feedback you’d like to share? Connect with us on ApplePodcasts and leave us an honest review! Your feedback will help us improve the show, and connect us with more high flyers like you.
Click to find us on Apple Podcasts and other podcast players.