Ex-Investment Banker and film-maker Jeff Hays makes movies that make movements. But what Roland and Jeff discuss today is his highly profitable Docu-series. Roland digs into this unique business model and the under-girding paradox.
“It’s all built on the paradox: The more we give away, the more money we make.” Jeff Hays
Jeff is a unique human being with a fascinating entrepreneurial journey. There’s a massive amount of insight in this conversation if you’re an entrepreneur on your upswing or maybe on the other side of a tough ‘failure.’ To dig deeper with our guest, head over to his website.
“I’m no longer betting the farm on my gut instinct…My only value is my failures. My successes, I haven’t learned that much from. I just want them to continue! – Jeff Hays
Listen Today For,
- Jeff’s first entrepreneurial lesson at the ripe age of 8 years old (he learned the difference between Gross and Net.
- Jeffs’ advice if you’re considering doing a Documentary or DocuSeries and when/why it’s probably NOT a good idea.
- The critical piece of the puzzle: The email list.
- His definition of wealth.
- The reason it’s SO critical to own your distribution.
- How Jeff ‘kept his boat floating’ amid a series of fairly public and devastating disasters.
- His single most important piece of advice.
- And so much more!
Plus, Roland Asks Jeff,
- What is a viewer worth?
- What percentage of viewers buy?
- How did you keep your motivation after ‘spectacular failure’?
Thank you for listening in today. Sign up for exclusive content from our host Roland Frasier, over on our home page. You can also follow Roland on Facebook, where his profile is always full of content and conversation.
Click to find us on Apple Podcasts and other podcast players. 🎧
References Mentioned In This Episode
Jeff Hays Website
Follow Business Lunch Podcast
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Want to subscribe to Business Lunch with Roland Frasier? Have some feedback you’d like to share? Connect with us on ApplePodcasts and leave us an honest review! Your feedback will not only help us improve the show, but it will help us connect with more high flyers like you.
Click to find us on Apple Podcasts and other podcast players.