In this Business Lunch podcast episode, Roland Frasier welcomes Lucy Guo, the co-founder of artificial intelligence firm Scale API and venture capital firm Backstage Capital. Lucy discusses her journey as an entrepreneur, from selling Pokemon cards and colored pencils in kindergarten to creating bots and marketing tools in college. She also talks about her experiences interning at Facebook and being the first female designer at SNAP. Lucy also shares her recent venture, Passes, a web3 platform for creators to monetize their content and own their fans, which raised $8 million in May 2022.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- 00:00:49 – Lucy’s entrepreneurial journey (selling Pokemon cards!)
- 01:52 – Working on Facebook
- 04:56 – What is Lucy Guo’s experience with Y Combinator?
- 07:23 – Lucy Guo thinks this is the best way to raise funds
- 12:18 – Lucy’s investments
- 18:16 – Lucy’s new venture: Passes!
- 21:17 – What’s Lucy’s advice for those people pursuing ideal NFT designs?
- 25:48 – Roland Frasier: Why would you go out and take money from somebody else versus funding yourself?
LINKS AND RESOURCES:
- Ask Roland and Ryan a question HERE.
Connect with Lucy Guo:
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Want to subscribe to Business Lunch? Have some feedback you’d like to share? Connect with us on iTunes and leave us a review!
Mentioned in this episode:
Get Roland’s Training on Acquiring Businesses!
Discover The EXACT Strategy Roland Has Used To Found, Acquire, Scale And Sell Over Two Dozen Businesses With Sales Ranging From $3 Million To Just Under $4 Billion!