In this podcast, Roland Frasier and the team of expert coaches at the EPIC Network Live Event discuss several strategies for approaching practical acquisitions and identifying motivated sellers who are a good fit for your business.
Roland offers advice about making practical acquisitions that make sense for your business and emphasizes the importance of knowing your “why” when considering equity deals. Identifying motivated sellers, stressing the importance of having enough deal flow, asking about the seller’s criteria and timeline for selling, and asking about the seller’s succession plan and retirement plans were also extensively discussed through the participation of the audience.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- [00:00:00] Introduction
- [00:00:29] Roland Frasier shares his recent experience of doing deals actively and the importance of structuring deals to be paid.
- [00:08:26] Roland discusses the purpose of the event, which is to crowdsource challenges and objections from the attendees to work through them together. The coaches for the event were also introduced.
- [00:13:03] Sharing of participants’ takeaways they’d like to get during the EPIC event.
- [00:24:28] One of the participants discusses her acquisition criteria.
- [00:37:08] A participant shares his acquisition criteria, which includes a digital or e-commerce business that does at least $3 million in top-line revenue, has 15% net profit, has been in business for at least five years, and has at least five team members.
- [00:42:04] Christopher, one of the coaches, shares how he focuses on the acquisition criteria of the businesses that he is looking for.
- [00:45:21] Roland Frasier discusses the importance of being specific in acquisition criteria and suggests being contextual when networking with potential sellers to find deals that match your criteria.
- [00:51:34] A participant asks how to formulate the messaging if an investor wants to do zero-dollar down acquisitions.
- [00:56:55] Roland and a participant role-played to overcome the thinking that investors should always bring money to the table.
- [01:00:08] Roland Frasier discusses coaching potential investors on investing.
- Ask Roland and Ryan a question HERE.
To learn more about Roland Frasier 👉 https://msha.ke/rolandfrasier/
Connect with me on social:
🎵 TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@rolandfrasier
📸 Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rolandfrasier/
📱 Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RolandFrasierPage/
💼 LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rolandfrasier/
Subscribe to Roland Frasier 👉 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkHnnFgdaTCg8KBd7W_LGSw?sub_confirmation=1
Roland Frasier is co-founder and principal of three current Inc. Magazine fastest-growing companies and he has founded, scaled, or sold 24 different 7 to 9 figure businesses ranging from consumer products to industrial machine manufacturing companies with adjusted sales ranging from $3 million to $337 million.
Currently growing Scalable.co, DigitalMarketer.com, RivalBrands.com, and Plattr.com while advising over 150 other companies on digitally centric customer acquisition, activation, referral, retention, and revenue strategies and plan implementation.
You can also find other content by Roland on:
The Business Lunch Podcast Youtube Channel 👉 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvmw_j_HeZGIXGLg9AXQ_Q?sub_confirmation=1
Mentioned in this episode:
Get Roland’s Training on Acquiring Businesses!
Discover The EXACT Strategy Roland Has Used To Found, Acquire, Scale And Sell Over Two Dozen Businesses With Sales Ranging From $3 Million To Just Under $4 Billion!