You can’t always avoid a business breakup, but if you set things up right at the beginning, you can part on good terms.
On today’s episode—“The Business Breakup Special”—co-hosts Roland Frasier and Ryan Deiss have a candid conversation about partnerships gone bad. They share two real-life examples that happened recently—one where they got broken up with and one where they did the breaking up. You can’t let the fear of failure keep you from partnering with other people, Roland says. “Things aren’t always going to work out, and that’s okay. If you’re not trying and failing, then you’re not trying enough, and you’re definitely leaving a lot on the table.” Partnerships will get you farther faster—if you do it the right way.
Listen in for some valuable dos and don’ts when it comes to teaming up with other people in business.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to set up a path for a graceful exit from the very beginning
- What every written partnership agreement should include
- Productive ways to respond when someone breaks up with you (in business)
- How to maintain control over your intellectual property in a joint venture
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Scalable.co (that’s CO, not COM)
- 7 Steps to Scalable workbook
- Get a free proposal from Conversion Fanatics
- Get 3% cash back on your ad spend with AdCard
- Get my book, Zero Down, FREE
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Want to subscribe to Business Lunch? Have some feedback you’d like to share? Connect with us on iTunes and leave us a review!