In today’s episode, Ryan Deiss and Roland Frasier reveal their approaches to navigating a merger deal. Whether you’re the buyer or seller, recognizing your “why” is key to making the deal work. They also touch on crucial factors to consider before saying yes, such as cultural alignment, a plan B in case of poor outcomes, withholding confidential information, and having healthy pessimism as an entrepreneur.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- 01:24 An Emerging Trend in M&As And The Parties Involved
- 04:00 The Most Important Thing To Consider In A Merger Deal
- 05:23 Cultural Misalignment Kills Most Deals
- 09:50 Project The Post-Integration Outcome And Set Intermediate Steps
- 13:44 A Wake-Up Call For Having Unrealistic Optimism
- 16:12 Document the Deal and Keep Confidential Information
- 21:22 Just A Little Doubt Means The Deal Isn’t Worth It
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Want to subscribe to Business Lunch? Have some feedback you’d like to share? Connect with us on iTunes and leave us a review!
Discover The EXACT Strategy Roland Has Used To Found, Acquire, Scale And Sell Over Two Dozen Businesses With Sales Ranging From $3 Million To Just Under $4 Billion! EPIC Training
Join The Rise Nation Mastermind with Ryan Deiss, Roland Frasier, and Daymond John HERE. Your business must be at least $1M a year in revenue.
Mentioned in this episode:
Get Roland’s Training on Acquiring Businesses!
Discover The EXACT Strategy Roland Has Used To Found, Acquire, Scale And Sell Over Two Dozen Businesses With Sales Ranging From $3 Million To Just Under $4 Billion!