Have you ever had someone tell you, “I’d love to pick your brain,” and you spend valuable time giving them free advice which they ultimately ignore?
On today’s episode, host Roland Frasier talks about why he’s done handing out his wisdom for free. It’s not because he’s greedy or snobby. It’s because he’s shrewd and it’s better for the other person in the long run as well. He’s learned from experience that humans rarely follow through—unless they have skin (i.e., money) in the game. He did 42 four-hour consults in 2020 for $25k each. Not a bad deal, but he has no plans to become a consultant. “No matter how high your hourly price,” he says, “it’s still dollars for hours. You’re still a dancing bear.” No, he’s doing it because he wants equity in deals. And he’s been racking up that equity as well.
Listen in to find out how you can increase your profits without giving up your time.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- What’s included in the automated text Roland sends to anyone asking for advice
- Why Roland raised his consult fee from $18k to $25k
- How you can elevate your credibility which leads to more equity deals
- What barbell investing is and why Roland is a fan
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- 7 Steps to Scalable workbook
- Get a free proposal from Conversion Fanatics
- Get 3% cash back on your ad spend with AdCard
- Get my book, Zero Down, FREE
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Want to subscribe to Business Lunch? Have some feedback you’d like to share? Connect with us on iTunes and leave us a review!