Should you sell your business or pass it down to your kids?
On today’s episode, host Roland Frasier talks about Cap Table optimization and why business owners should consider selling the business instead of transferring it over to their kids.
Sooner or later, a business owner must exit the business. Some choose to sell the business, and others choose to keep it in the family. Although keeping it in the family may seem like a smart move, in nearly all cases, it’s actually a huge mistake. Your kids are not inspired by the business as you are and a successful exit might change your life and that of your kids in ways you could never imagine.
Listen in to discover the drawbacks of transferring your business over to your kids and how you can maintain control of your company without owning majority shares.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
- What is Cap Table optimization?
- How to maintain control of your company without owning majority shares
- Transferring business ownership to your kids
- Why it’s important to maintain control of your business
- Understanding EBITDA and why it’s such a big deal
- The 5 main categories of buyers
- Buying and selling versus buying and holding a business
- How to structure your business according to value and profitability
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Ask Roland and Ryan a question HERE.
- 7 Steps to Scalable workbook
- Get a free proposal from Conversion Fanatics
- Get 3% cash back on your ad spend with AdCard
- Get my book, Zero Down, FREE
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Want to subscribe to Business Lunch? Have some feedback you’d like to share? Connect with us on iTunes and leave us a review!
Mentioned in this episode:
Get Scalable Live – THE PREMIER EVENT FOR BUSINESS OWNERS
Over 3 days, network and collaborate with fellow entrepreneurs and CEOs to build a ‘recession proof’ plan to scale your company to 8-figures and beyond, and…leave knowing 2023 is going to be your best year yet!
Build Your CEO Dashboard!