Should you build your company around a corporate strategy? What about the risk of double taxation?
On today’s episode, host Roland Frasier breaks down some important tax considerations when consulting for equity or buying and selling a business. Although there are a lot of strategies you can implement to reduce your overall tax burden, there’s always the risk of double taxation. A lot of entrepreneurs find it unfair to pay taxes twice on the same income. Fortunately, there’s something you can do about it. One way is to stop paying dividends and put the extra earnings into a Roth IRA.
Tune in to learn how taxes play into the buying and selling of businesses and how you can minimize those taxes while still maintaining some liquidity to fund future spending
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
- Tax considerations when buying a company
- How to position and structure your company for an exit
- Double taxation and how it works
- How to justify your input when consulting for equity
- Complex companies repulse willing buyers
- Benefits of creating a subsidiary under a corporation
- How to start conversations that lead to equity deals
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Ask Roland and Ryan a question HERE.
- 7 Steps to Scalable workbook
- Get a free proposal from Conversion Fanatics
- Get 3% cash back on your ad spend with AdCard
- Get my book, Zero Down, FREE
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Want to subscribe to Business Lunch? Have some feedback you’d like to share? Connect with us on iTunes and leave us a review!
Mentioned in this episode:
Get Roland’s Training on Acquiring Businesses!
Discover The EXACT Strategy Roland Has Used To Found, Acquire, Scale And Sell Over Two Dozen Businesses With Sales Ranging From $3 Million To Just Under $4 Billion!