In today’s episode, the hosts discuss Elon Musk and the recent Twitter acquisition. They talk about how Musk is being incredibly transparent about the situation and how he is handling it. They also discuss how some people may not be able to sympathize with him because he is still employed and has a lot of money. However, they argue that if you are in a position of power, you have to make difficult decisions and sometimes people will get hurt.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- 00:02:07 Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey Buys Twitter For $44 Billion
- 00:04:10 Twitter CEO Lays Off Employees In Bloated Business Decision
- 00:05:06 Is They Try To Figure Out How To Cut: The Dilemma Of Minimum Amounts
- 00:06:18 Job Cuts Aren’t Show Business: Jeff Bezos Gets Real About Business Strategy
- 00:07:16 $4 Million A Day Is A Lot To Burn: Company Makes Tough Decision To Lay Off Employees
- 00:10:09 This Person’s Difficult Decisions Led To People Getting Hurt
- 00:11:40 The Thing That I Liked About All Three Of Those Situations Is That There’s Lots Of People That Are Going To
- 00:13:53 Making A Decision, And I Called It Kindness. Really, It Was Cowardice.
- 00:14:42 The Dilemma Of The CEO: To Serve Shareholders Or Do What’s Right?
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Ask Roland and Ryan a question HERE.
- 7 Steps to Scalable workbook
- Get a free proposal from Conversion Fanatics
- Get 3% cash back on your ad spend with AdCard
- Get my book, Zero Down, FREE
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Want to subscribe to Business Lunch? Have some feedback you’d like to share? Connect with us on iTunes and leave us a review!
Mentioned in this episode:
Get Roland’s Training on Acquiring Businesses!
Discover The EXACT Strategy Roland Has Used To Found, Acquire, Scale And Sell Over Two Dozen Businesses With Sales Ranging From $3 Million To Just Under $4 Billion!