Hold on and listen in closely today, as Roland and 28-year old Syed Balkhi talk smart and fast about his progression from problem-solving innovator to Award-winning entrepreneur – honored by the United Nations. Hear why it’s no wonder that he’s been featured in Forbes, Inc, e.t.c and how 10 million websites use his software.
Roland asks questions about how he has built his amazing, multi-faceted, 8-figure business from nothing. They quickly move into a conversation regarding how he is ‘boot-strap’ growing his company with smart acquisitions and more.
“I learned how to code because I didn’t have the money to pay people to code. I literally opened the source code and started googling. I’m pretty good at reverse engineering…I can make crappy fast!” Syed Balkhi
To find out more about Syed and dig a little deeper, visit his site.
Listen Today for
- How Syed started earning money for himself at age 12 – with forum posting.
- How his determination to play video games in High school drove his creative problem solving, teaching himself how to make a proxy and how to code.
- This evolved into making websites for people and hiring people by age 16.
- His now 10-year old blog was birthed in order to solve problems for his clients (for free) and this blog turned out to be the foundation for his success.
- How he built his content purely on user-fed content, and the affiliate marketing revenue and rev shares grew as word of mouth spread.
- Why (and how) he made the leap to developing software.
- The Exit-Intent Popup code that he created that in turn changed the game (and he even trade-marked the term) increasing traffic by 600%.
- How he dealt with people knocking off his work.
- What he learned from taking OptIn Monster outside his primary ecosystem.
- Why he stays within WordPress (35% of the web) as an eco-system to double down on his unfair advantage.
- How to define a success gap!
- The reasons that Syed is growing his business through Acquisitions.
- How his reputation for not abusing his user base has opened acquisition doors.
- The story of how he got connected with his highly successful mentor.
- His perspective on mentors and paying for them.
- Syed’s travel hacks for the monthly trips he takes with family.
Click to find us on Apple Podcasts and other podcast players 🎧
“Look at LeBron James. He has a professional coach for everything. If you’re an entrepreneur you need that network to improve. You can only improve if you’re around people that are smarter than you” – Syed Balkhi
References Mentioned In This Episode
Contact & Follow Syed Balkhi
Contact & Follow Roland
Through his Website
Follow Business Lunch Podcast
Thank you so much for joining us this week. Do you want to subscribe to Business Lunch with Roland Frasier? If you have some feedback you’d like to share, we ask that you connect with us on ApplePodcasts and leave us an honest review! Your feedback will not only help us to improve the show, but it will help us to connect with more high flyers like you.
Click to find us on Apple Podcasts & other podcast players.